Friday, June 25, 2010

A Paris Friday

Later on I will devote a post to consumption in Paris, but today deserves a special entry.

Lunch: calamari and creme brulee for lunch. for under 5 euro subsidized Pasteur price.
4 pm: Going away party for someone I have never met. Wine at work, chocolate cake (okay chocolate heaven), this like parfait dessert thing, a fresh pair tart and these little almost graham cracker brownie bites.
6 pm: After work drinks. A little football on tv.
8 pm: Wine bar. Yes, these exist in Paris without costing a fortune. Apparently california white wines are more "woody". This just means it doesn't mean you are lame for drinking a white in Paris, especially if it is 31 degree Celsius outside (no I have no idea what that means in america)
9:30 pm: Dinner reservations at an Argentina restaurant. Two bottles of wine, empanadas and this corn thing.

Everytime I think I have figured this city out, I realize I have only seen about 1/100th of what is has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Who would have ever guessed you'd be eating empanadas in Paris? I am so jealous of your diet, and am going to live vicariously through you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you've found the heart of Paris - the food. Save some of it for me when I visit. Enjoy your Sunday outing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great sense of humor!!! I am loving your blog and living vicariously through you!
    Aloha from Maui,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete